The Marches region has been allocated approximately £95 million of EU funding for projects being developed and delivered between 2014 and 2020.
The Marches LEP has developed a European Structural and Investment Fund (ESIF) strategy which sets out priority areas where this funding should be directed.
There are three types of ESIF funding:
- European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) supports research and innovation, small to medium sized enterprises and creation of a low carbon economy
- European Social Fund (ESF) supports investment in employment and skills and social inclusion to increase labour market participation, promote social inclusion and develop the skills of the potential and existing workforce
- European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) supports rural businesses to grow and expand, improve knowledge and skills and get started. The RDPE Growth Programme is part of this fund.
Key areas which funded projects must support are:
- Research and Innovation
- SME Competitiveness
- Low Carbon Economy
- Employment and Skills
- Social Inclusion
CLICK HERE FOR LIVE OPPORTUNITIES – ONGOING PROJECT CALLS
An ESIF committee has been appointed to oversee the programme and projects for an initial three year term. The committee will have a strategic role and be involved in prioritising investments.
It includes representatives from the business, education and skills, rural and voluntary and community sectors, the three local authorities and a representative from the LEP. Some of this funding is already available for business support, and details of these schemes can be found on the Marches Growth Hub.
Prospective applicants and stakeholders are supported through the Marches Technical Assistance Project which is part funded by the EU. The project will:
- provide advisory support to project applicants and prospective applicants
- raise awareness and provide information about ERDF and ESF bidding opportunities
- promote networking and facilitate opportunities to develop collaborative projects
For information about ERDF contact:
- Gary Spence at email@example.com
For information about ESF contact:
- Stephanie Jones firstname.lastname@example.org (Employment and Skills)
The latest ESIF newsletter from the Marches can be found below: