The Industrial Strategy Green Paper Opportunity for Automotive Supply Chain Businesses – Have Your Say
The automotive sector is of central importance to the UK as a source of employment and generator of economic growth through continued investment. The sector is also pivotal to the development of new, emerging technologies such as battery technology and energy storage for electric vehicles.
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) has released proposals for a modern Industrial Strategy – which incorporates the Building our Industrial Strategy ‘Green Paper’, which covers regulatory barriers, trade deals, innovation and skills.
This Green Paper aims to increase productivity and drive growth across the whole of the UK, and sets out 10 strategic ‘pillars’ to underpin this new government approach:
1. Investing in science, research and innovation
2. Developing skills
3. Upgrading infrastructure
4. Supporting businesses to start and grow
5. Improving procurement processes
6. Encouraging trade and inward investment
7. Delivering affordable energy and clean growth
8. Cultivating world-leading sectors
9. Driving growth across the whole country
10. Creating the right institutions to bring together sectors and places
Drive Midlands, in conjunction with BEIS, is coordinating a series of round table events, in order to collate responses relating to the newly released Green Paper, from businesses within the automotive supply chain.
Feedback and questions will then be relayed to Government, helping to shape what an automotive sector ‘deal‘ might look like.
They would welcome input from supply chain businesses at the following events:
• April 6, 2017 at Truckman Ltd, Dudley from 08.30 to 11.30 (to include facility tour)
• April 7, 2017 at Tenneco Automotive Ltd, Tyseley from 08.30 to 10.30
• April 7, 2017 at HORIBA MIRA Ltd, Nuneaton from 14.00 to 16.00
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org before March 30, 2017 to express your interest in taking part, stating your preferred location.