Life Ready, Work Ready (available in Telford and Wrekin and Shropshire)
This project is delivered by Telford & Wrekin Council.
The project is funded under ESF investment priority 2.2 to improve the labour market relevance of education and training systems.
Key activities include:
- Brokering opportunities to encourage and increase work experience, work placements, traineeships, apprenticeships and graduate placements particularly through wider employer engagement involving supply chains
- Keeping local employers informed about local education and training provision
- Activities to engage young people and develop their employability and vocational skills
- Enhancing school-business engagement to ensure routes to local employment opportunities are promoted
For more information contact Kim Hodgetts on 01952 382888
Building Skills and Growth Capacity (available in Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin)
Building Skills and Growth Capacity is delivered by University Centre Shrewsbury.
The project is funded under ESF investment priority 2.2 to improve the labour market relevance of education and training systems. The project focuses on supporting the growth of SMEs and microbusinesses through ensuring they can identify and access skills development options that align with and unlock their growth plans. Key activities include:
- The establishment of an employer engagement forum to consult businesses on their skills and growth needs and on-going discussions with businesses to inform the development of tailored skills solutions
- Work with businesses to identify current and anticipate future skills requirements needed to support business growth, including technical skills and business/management skills, including a skills diagnostic to identify what skills the business needs to achieve growth, identify barriers in addressing needs, identifying the skills required and most suitable type of delivery such as short courses, apprenticeships or student placement
- Respond to the skills needs identified by employers and the barriers to skills development through capacity building, for example apprenticeship development support, access to skills through work placements, adapting current provision to business need or other work-based skills solutions
- The project also builds on existing ERDF innovation projects focused on areas of excellence around digital health and environmental science to help provide the skills needed for SMEs to realise their innovation and commercialisation goals.
For more information contact Jonathan Britten, firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills Support for the Workforce
This project is delivered by Dimensions Training Solutions.
Skills Support for the Workforce is funded under ESF priority 2.1 to enhance equal access to lifelong learning. The project aims to address skills shortages and gaps in the Marches particularly in priority employment and high growth sectors. The project supports small and medium sized businesses through a training needs analysis and delivery of fully funded training to develop the skills of the workforce, improve productivity and help employers to meet their business goals.
The project also supports people affected by redundancy to update their skills or retrain to help secure employment in new sectors.
Training can include short courses, units of training leading to a level 2 qualification and units of accredited training at level 3 and 4.
The project is funded by ESF and co-financed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency
In2 Youth Support Partnership
This project is delivered by Landau.
In2 is supporting young people aged 15-24 in the Marches who are not in education, employment or training (NEET) or at risk of becoming NEET. The project is funded under ESF priority 2.1 to support the sustainable integration of young people into the labour market and is funded by ESF and co-financed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency.
The TEENS Programme is working with young people aged 14 to 16 who are not currently engaging at or frequently enough with school., and works directly with the local secondary schools and employers to prepare young people for the world of work.
NEETs is an employability and personal development programme for 16 to 24 year olds who are NEET, focussing on developing young people’s employability and key life skill to take control of their own lives and move towards a better future. The NEETs programme equips young people with basic and employer led skills and supports them to move into sustained education, employment, or training, through traineeships or apprenticeships.
For further information contact Landau.
Building Better Opportunities
The project is investing in local projects (repetition of project) to tackle the root causes of poverty, promote social inclusion and develop the employability skills of people furthest away from the labour market.
The project is co-funded by Big Lottery and managed by Landau in partnership with organisations from the community and voluntary sector.
For more information contact Landau.