The Marches Local Enterprise Partnership is the business-led organisation which drives economic growth across Herefordshire, Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin by combining the best entrepreneurial instincts of the private sector with the knowledge, resources and infrastructure of the public sector. We believe firmly that we achieve more for all our communities when the private and public sectors work together for the benefit of all.
We are committed to making the Marches the best place in the UK to live and work both now and into the future. We work to bring prosperity and opportunity to all our communities in a way which is sustainable and protects the environment for the generations still to come.
As well as our business, local authority and education partners, the LEP works with the investment teams of Enterprise Telford, Invest in Shropshire and Invest Herefordshire, and the Government to bring in private sector investment. And it is talking to organisations from small high-tech firms in remote rural locations to internationally renowned companies in vibrant town centres and busy market towns to understand what needs to be done to tackle barriers to growth.
We have agreed a clear vision of how we want the Marches to be, which will guide our investments and our actions:
- A place which is open for business, up for business and pro-growth.
- At the forefront of changes in how people live and work using new technology and improved physical and digital connectivity to enable businesses and people to develop and succeed.
- A growing place, attracting more people to come, stay and build their careers and businesses.
- A destination not a boundary – gateway to markets in the Midlands, Wales, South West, North and Europe. A visitor destination with significant natural and cultural resources that is well known and attracts people looking for a high-quality experience.
- A pioneer in the provision and testing of digitally driven health and social care for dispersed populations supporting healthy ageing and economic participation in later life.
- A global centre of excellence in advanced manufacturing specifically automotive, cyber security, and the next phase of technology development in agriculture, environment and food production.
- An inclusive place that enables residents from all communities to thrive and develop with quality jobs offering good wages, training and progression.
- A collaborative and proactive place with businesses, further education institutions (FEIs), higher education institutions (HEIs) and public organisations working together to agree what needs to happen and getting things done. Known as a good place to start and grow a business.
To read more about our work in the Marches, the 2019 Annual Report can be downloaded below.