Joint Executive Committee set up by Marches LEP
Herefordshire Council, Shropshire Council and Telford and Wrekin Council have established an executive joint committee, known as the Marches…
Committee set up to monitor and review priorities of the Marches LEP
Herefordshire Council, Shropshire Council and Telford and Wrekin Council have established an executive joint committee, known as the Marches Enterprise Joint Committee (MEJC) for the purpose of discharging the functions set out below.
- MEJC shall fulfil the following executive functions, at all times having regard to the duty to co-operate and the views of the Marches LEP Board:
- Set, monitor and review objectives and priorities for strategic economic investment across the Marches LEP area.
- Agree allocation of Marches LEP revenue and capital spend that is under the control of the LEP Board and relating to the delivery of the LEP Economic Plan.
- Agree Marches LEP capital expenditure programmes relating to the delivery of the LEP Strategic Economic Plan, and ensure policy and programmes are delivered effectively.
- Agree Major Transport Scheme funding allocation in line with the LEP Strategic Economic Plan.
- Ensure alignment between decision making regarding achievement of the Marches Strategic Economic Plan and decisions on other related areas of policy such as land use, transportation and wider community and economic regeneration.
- Influence and align government and public investment in order to boost economic growth within the Marches LEP area.
- Provide an annual report on the activities of MEJC to the three partner councils.
- Agree lead or accountable body status for any particular issue as necessary.
- Review and (where all three Leaders are present) amend the Terms of Reference of the MJEC.
The first meeting of the JEC was held on December 11, 2014.
Further information including agendas, reports and decision notices may be viewed via the link below:
Notice of any key decisions to be taken may also be viewed via the link below: