As the Chair of Telford & Wrekin Business Board, Paul has been on The Marches LEP Board since May 2014 and has acted as the Deputy Chair of the LEP Board since September 2016. He also serves as The Marches LEP Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Champion, Chair of the Marches Growth Hub Steering Group and Operations Group, and sits on the Performance, Risk and Monitoring Committee.
A serial entrepreneur who started his career as an Assistant Farm Manager, Paul’s determination, entrepreneurial spirit, and work ethic have seen him achieve extraordinary success in sales, marketing and service delivery, before moving into the world of business.
He has set up and sold multiple businesses, before buying Business Watch Guarding back in 2003, and growing the firm to its current position as one of the top 5% of accredited security providers in the country. Hailed as an example of excellence for the processes it employs and the accreditations it has achieved, Paul is leading it from strength-to-strength.
Hugely committed to supporting businesses across the region to do business better, Paul is single-minded in his determination to help the Telford and Wrekin area showcase all that it has to offer. As well as his role as Chair of the Telford Business Board, Paul is Deputy Chair of the Marches LEP, Chair of Marches Growth Hub Steering Group, Chair of Governors of Telford College and Chairs the Marches Building Investment Grant Board.
Paul is happy to comment on any business-related topics affecting the Telford and Wrekin area, as well as investment, infrastructure, business support, successes, trends and analysis.
- Marches LEP Board Member since May 2014
- Deputy Chair of Marches LEP Board since September 2016
- Marches LEP Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Champion
- Chair of the Marches Growth Hub Steering Group and Operations Group
- Chair of Telford & Wrekin Business Board
- Chair of Marches Building Investment Grant Board
- Sits on the Marches LEP Performance, Risk and Monitoring Committee since 2015
- Sits on the Telford Land Deal Board
Paul Hinkins Register of Interests