The Marches provides an outstanding business environment.
With a strong, loyal and proactive private sector, and a reputation for delivering new housing, creating jobs and supporting businesses, the region offers both employers and staff the best of work and home life. The Marches is brimming with opportunity.
Home to a £10 billion economy, the Marches offers:
- Passion for Enterprise and Innovation – Millions of pounds every year are invested in research and development in the Marches, with companies across the region winning awards for design and innovation and areas of the Marches named amongst the most entrepreneurial in the world.
- Ambition – A commitment from both private sector businesses and public organisations working in partnership for the Marches to be the destination of choice for inward investment, delivering a first class offer.
- Central Location – Within an hour’s drive of the major cities of Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Liverpool and Manchester and within three hours of the capital.
- Sectoral Advantage – The Marches is home to world-recognised brands and global corporations operating in the defence, food and drink, advanced manufacturing and environmental technologies industries. Tourism and leisure and business services sectors are also among the main drivers of economic development.
- Positive Attitude – Backed by the ‘can-do’ attitude of the business-led Marches LEP, there is a commitment by both the private and public sector to support business growth and expansion. In setting out its vision for sustainable employment and economic vitality, the LEP identified reducing red tape and overcoming barriers to growth as priorities.
- Compelling Business Investment Offer – A strong spirit of enterprise matched by an outstanding quality of life opportunity makes the Marches an attractive proposition for investment – which is why companies and organisations such as Müller Dairy, Ricoh, Heineken, AMEC have either their headquarters or major operational bases here