The Government published a green (consultation) paper, Building our Industrial Strategy, in January 2017. It sets out the ten “pillars” of the Government’s approach:
- Investing in science, research & innovation
- Developing skills
- Upgrading infrastructure
- Supporting businesses to start and grow
- Improving procurement
- Encouraging trade and inward investment
- Delivering affordable energy and clean growth
- Cultivating world-leading sectors
- Driving growth across the whole country
- Creating the right institutions to bring together sectors and places
The Government held a consultation which closed on 17 April 2017. This is expected to be followed by a white paper (statement of Government policy) later this year.
The Marches LEP very much welcomes the proposed, long term, industrial strategy and the importance it has given in helping to drive the future of the UK economy.
As a partnership of business, political, university and college leaders, we are fully committed to helping make both the long-term interventions and immediate changes needed. Focussed solely on growth and productivity and we bring together the right people in a “place” to ensure that all pillars of the Industrial Strategy are working together locally. We will work with a range of partners in both Wales and across the Midlands Engine area to improve living standards and economic growth by increasing productivity and driving growth.
More information on the Industrial Strategy can be found here and the green paper is available for download below: